This year Multifaith Saskatchewan will hold its AGM on July 29, 2020 (5pm to 7pm) and on a virtual or remote platform due to the ongoing pandemic. The meeting will occur on Zoom link.
The Guest speaker for the AGM is Rev. Dr. David Holmes of the Calgary Alliance for the Common Good and the Calgary Inter-Faith Council. He has been an ordained minister in the United Church of Canada for 32 years. Learning is his passion, and this has taken him into degrees at the Vancouver School of Theology and Columbia Theological Seminary in Atlanta, training in spiritual direction, non-profit leadership, educational supervision, and community organizing. He is currently involved in the Calgary Alliance for the Common Good and the Calgary Inter-Faith Council, and is a team minister at Knox United Church in Calgary (but only for a few more days). He’s married to Karen with two grown sons.
Please contact Amr Henni (amr.henni [at] uregina [dot] ca) to obtain the zoom link to participate in the meeting and other documents for the AGM. Please feel free to share this information with those who will be interested. We look forward to having your presence on this virtual platform and shape the future of Multifaith Saskatchewan.
MultiFaith Saskatchewan AGM-2016
Please refer to the Revised Notice for AGM. It starts at 3:00 pm on Sunday, Nov 20th . The address is 101 Third Street in Davidson.The directions are also attached. Snack Donations are appreciated.
MF-SK Notice of Annual General Meeting Nov 20
Directions to Davidson United Church
Multi-faith Saskatchewan Inc is having a public meeting in Yorkton on Saturday, 10th of September at 2:00 PM. Yorkton meeting will be held at St. Andrew’s United Church with Zarqa Nawas as a guest speaker. Selected art of Saskatchewan Youth Visual Art project-2016 shall also be exhibited.
You are cordially invited to this event. Come one, come all.
No entry fee.
A meeting of the MFS Board scheduled for May 22 in Davidson, had to be postponed due to insufficient attendance. The meeting was rescheduled for May 31 by Skype. The following are some highlights of the meeting:
- A follow-up Report has been prepared for submission to SaskCulture as a requirement for funding MFS received for NAIN Connect 2015 and ongoing activities.
- A Report is being prepared for Corporate Registry before MFS can change signing authorities at the bank.
- NAIN 2016, July 10 -13, ,will be held in Guadalaraja, Mexico. The Board supports the idea of someone from Saskatchewan attending but will need to find ways to provide financial assistance.
- Multicultural Council of Saskatchewan will hold its AGM June 11, in Saskatoon. MFS will send a delegate.
- SaskCulture will hold its AGM June 17, in Regina and MFS will be represented.
- MFS is participating in regular meetings of Canadian Multi-Faith Federation, a network of inter-faith organizations in various provinces. The CMF is actively promoting Spiritual and Religious Care Awareness Week (SRCAW) October 17 to 13, 2016.
- MFS has started conversations with the Saskatchewan Chapter of the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC), a national organization devoted to chaplaincy and spiritual care work in health care, corrections and defence contexts.
- Luther College, University of Regina, has invited MFS to talk about a possible partnership.
- The Youth Visual Arts Projection April 23 was a huge success and included a theme speaker on care of the earth and a display of art work and presentations of awards to winning students. There were 47 entries and the judges selected 17.
- Displays of art are planned for Yorkton, Estevan and Moose Jaw.
- MFS has been approached to sponsor a speech contest on multi-faith themes among high schools.
- MFS may join conversations being led by Bishop Don Bolen of Saskatoon to develop a letter to the minister of Health around assisted dying or suicide, and another of the number of hospice beds.
- The Board is considering an extended meeting to discuss plans for the next year.
- The Board supports the idea of reaching out to more individuals and orgaizations to become members.
The agenda for your AGM can go here