Saskatchewan Visual Arts Project
Process for submitting your artwork
Deadline for submissions: Friday, April 8, 2022 [EXTENDED]
Award presentation: Friday, April 22, 2022 at 1pm
in the Theatre at the Regina Public Library, 2311 12th Ave., Regina
Thank you for your hard work and creativity. In order that we might see your work in its best presentation, we ask you to make a digital photograph of your work.
- Check your lighting to ensure that colours are vibrant. Natural light is normally the best. Consult your teacher for assistance if needed.
- Use a high-quality camera or mobile phone. A minimum of 300 dpi is required but more is preferred.
- Crop the image to remove background or other distractions.
- Save the image in a commonly accessible format (jpg, png, bmp, tif, …)
Collect the following details for your teacher. Your teacher will make the submission in Step 3. It is helpful to provide these details electronically to ensure that all names, titles, and other details are accurately entered. Please prepare the following:
- Student name (as you wish it to appear in the public gallery)
- Student grade and school
- Student email address and phone number
- Title of the artwork
- Artist statement (2-3 sentences clearly stating the message of the artwork)
- Medium used in the artwork
- Actual dimensions of the physical artwork
The submission form will ask the student to certify that the artwork is an original creation. Each student is asked to agree that their winning art entry may be included in the VAP digital exhibition on the Multifaith Saskatchewan website and may be printed for inclusion in a public touring exhibition. Multifaith Saskatchewan will retain a non-exclusive non-commercial license for use of the digital or print image in promoting the VAP, in future retrospective exhibitions, and in other Multifaith Saskatchewan publications.
Your teacher is required to certify that the artwork submitted is your original creation. Your teacher will submit the details from Step 2 by email to mfsask2007 [at] yahoo [dot] com and add the following:
- Teacher name, school postal address, teacher’s phone number
- The digital image file
In the event that students cannot submit their entries electronically, they should contact Ann Donald (phone 306-281-4477 or email anndonaldart [at] gmail [dot] com) to make alternate arrangements.
The VAP curator will send each student and teacher an email confirming receipt of their submission. Teachers may be contacted directly to clarify any details.
Adjudication of the artwork will occur in early April 2022. Winning entries will be announced online on Friday, April 22, 2022.
A public award presentation is planned in Regina on Friday, April 22 at 1pm in the Theatre at the Regina Public Library, 2311 12th Ave. Students may attend if they wish.